This weekend we celebrated my 27th birthday at the beach! Originally it wasn't supposed to be a birthday trip. I had been saying for a couple months that we should take Kamryn down there as a last trip before she has to share Mommy and Daddy. However April was SO busy that we decided Battle of Flowers weekend would be best since Clint could get off early on Friday, and no way was I going to take a trip any closer to my due date! We booked the same condo at the Sandpiper as we did last summer. I am beginning to love it more than Port Royal. The views from the condo are AMAZING, expecially when you get on a higher floor. It is much closer to the beach, and while the pool at Port Royal can't be beat, with young kids we don't spend time at the pool anyway. Kamryn would much rather play in the sand. I love the condo's too, atleast the one we've had both times is much nicer than the Port Royal condos. Last time we stayed there we had ants everywhere. Anyway I'm not writing this blog to advertise for Sandpiper...
Here is our "must have" family photo on the beach that we've taken each time we went since Kamryn was 6 weeks old!
Almost a family of 4!
We arrived Friday afternoon, checked in and relaxed a few minutes before Kamryn was dying to go to the beach! It was really hazy that afternoon, so we didn't stay long. But Kamryn couldn't wait to break out her new beach toys, and Clint built some rivers in the sand and a "waterfall" for the water to pour over her feet.
She wanted to run down the beach- after being stuck in the car a few hours who wouldn't? Needless to say my days of running have taken a pause so I "ran" with her...
So excited to finally be here!
The next day we started with a great breakfast and had to make some Jello for later! She reminded us of the last time we were there and she got to make orange Jello...
Stirring her "special treat"
Then it was time to head to the beach! Kamryn got to fly a kite, and even had a ladybug land on her that hung out for a while. We told her she saw her ladybug earrings and wanted to come see her friends.
She picked out the Toy Story one...
Chasing the ladybug all over her arm.
Slip N Slide on the beach?!?!? They had fun but didn't last too long since the sand was so hard.
Just a cute picture!
Standing in the deep hole!
I didn't get to have as much play time as I would have liked. My legs and feet did not respond well to the humidity or the sun or something because 10 minutes after we got down there they were HUGE! So I had to spend most of the day laying flat on a lounge chair. It wasn't my idea for this trip but atleast I got to watch Kamryn playing in the sand and listen to the waves! That part was relaxing. We'll have to come back down in September or something so I can enjoy it not being pregnant. Plus Kamryn said she wants to bring her little sister to the beach to play in the sand too!
We had fajitas that night, but before the BBQ was even done Kamryn had passed out on the couch watching Ratatouille. I tried to wake her up to see if she wanted to eat but she was completely out of it. She didn't wake up until almost 13 hours later! Then she had a BIG breakfast!
We had an amazing time, but I realized while I was down there that even if I get bored out of my mind I've got to take it super easy until Madalyn is born. I have 4 1/2 more weeks until my due date, but Clint is thinking it'll be more like 2. I'm guessing 3. Let the waiting begin!





No comments:
Post a Comment