Today we took the kiddos to the Kiddie Park. We still have some great memories there and we want to pass those along! We had planned to picnic in Breckenridge Park and then hit the Breckenridge Eagle Train by the Zoo. Upon my turn onto Mulberry street from 281 to get to Kiddie Park I realized we'd better just stick in one spot. The line of cars to turn onto St. Mary's to get to the zoo was backed up all the way to Broadway! I was glad I was going the opposite direction, but I knew that getting to that train was going to be a no-go.
We got to Kiddie Park and decided to get the kids all day armbands and just stay there all day instead. Kamryn's first stop was non other than the car ride- who would guess?
Then Jackson picked the ferris wheel, and Kamryn wanted to go on the boats next. Ever since I mentioned us going to ride the rides she said, "Can I ride in the front of the boat and ring the bell?" Last time we went she sat in the back and apparently has wanted to go back to ring that bell ever since! We had to wait through a LONG line (I guess the boats were popular) but we made it and they LOVED it! Kamryn was so excited!
Ringing that bell!
We were getting hungry by this point so we decided to take a break and come back. They had benches there but when I asked Kamryn about it she insisted on having a picnic! One of the other things she was very excited about I guess. There was a convenient park across the street with a nice field to set up our picnic lunch! Jackson was not in the posing mood, but Kamryn was being my little ham the whole time today!
I did catch him smiling throughout the day so I know he had fun!
Cheesin' it up!
Lauren brought some AMAZING chicken salad wraps for us adults, and I made PBJ's for the kiddos with plenty of fruit. Thank you Lauren for saving me from another day of a PBJ! Then we let the kids play at the park for a little bit, but there was no shade so we didn't want to stay long. Another nice thing about Kiddie Park, 90% shaded!
Jackson's going to be a great big brother someday!
Back at Kiddie Park it was time to hit up the rest of the rides! The carosel was next on our list!
Jackson trying to hide from the camera...
Kamryn having a blast and Jackson having so much fun he forgot to hide his smile! GOTCHA!
Next was the school bus, or train as Kamryn calls it, but I guess it qualifies as both! Some lady made me mad because she was helping her kid cut in line by asking ME to move to the side when I wasn't even in the way of the entrance gate! Good thing to teach your kids huh? Jackson was so sweet he helped Kamryn get a seat next to him on the bus when the other kids were practically trampelling her down to get in. One of the lessons to teach her- how to be assertive in a nice way and not let anyone push you down!
Can't stop grinning now!
The next ride was a horse and carriage that was very bumpy I'm guessing to mimic the olden days? Jackson got her all buckled in next to him- SO sweet. Then Lauren and I watched as some young mom strapped her 8 month old into a carriage. He was old enough to sit up but that was about it. Why do people do such things? Even if you had to have your baby ride wouldn't you atleast check to see what the ride did first? It was so bumpy he slid down and then was banging his head at every bump. Needless to say the poor baby started screaming and they had to stop the ride to get him off. Poor thing.
So cute!
Finally it was time for one last ride... the hand powered train! I knew Kamryn would have a hard time but it was nice they had someone working to help push them around the track. It never failed though each time around Kamryn would stop at the turn and the worker would be pushing Jakson around. He would slam into the back of her train car- which they thought was funny! Then the last time it hit so hard it knocked Kamryn's car off the track! I took it as a sign to get off.
She loved it!
We were exhausted and ready for some ice cream! Not before we sat in some horrible Broadway traffic. Oh yeah the dino exhibit at the Witte was another thing to attract everyone to this 2 mile radius!
Wow I look huge. 10 weeks to go!
We shared a sundae topped with M&M's (Kamryn's favorite). The guy at the register told me this size was 3 scoops. More like 5 it was soft serve FILLING the entire cup! Needless to say we didn't finish.
We had a great day! Now my feet are swollen and I'm totally worn out. Topping it off I'm up at 1am doing this because Madalyn's in my stomach doing some aerobics or something. Moves like this and no way I can fall asleep! It's funny though when she stretches her legs out I can feel her bottom on the other side so I get to give it a little love tap! Little tiny hiney! I'm guessing this baby won't be as easy as Kamryn, I couldn't get that lucky twice!


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment