Well as most of you know when I was pregnant with Kamryn I was diagnosed with preeclampsia at 35 weeks. At the beginning of this pregnancy I talked with my OB about my risk of getting it again. She said it hardly ever happens. I was very optimistic about this time and made sure to take good care of myself and eat healthy.
Well at my 36 week appointment on Tuesday my blood pressure had jumped to 130/74 and I had gained 7lbs in 2 weeks! I knew I hadn't eaten that much! This whole pregnancy my blood pressure has been running in the 110's over 60's. This sparked some minor concernes about what was going on. They also found protein in my urine- another sign of preeclampsia. I did find out I was 2cm dialated though which is good!
So they sent me home on bedrest and told me to do a 24 hour urine collection. I had more bloodwork done to check my liver profile and creatinine.
Today I went back for a non stress test (monitors my contractions and Madalyn's heartbeat). My blood pressure was up more at 136/74, but luckily I hadn't put on any more water weight. The non stress test went good, she tolerated contractions well. I am still 2cm but now also 50% effaced! But there was bad news too. While my blood work came back good, but my urine protein level was 638 and normal is under 300. My uric acid level was 7.3, I don't know much about the medical numbers, but my OB told me this is pretty much insane which is also a sign of preeclampsia. My platelets are 130-140 thousand as well. I wish I knew more about what all this meant!
So doctors orders I must be induced. She wanted to send me over there from the office but apparently they are packed- she had to move others out of the way to get me in Monday morning. So it looks like all my planning is being flushed down the toilet. My doula will still be there to support me in a natural birth, but it will be harder since I have to have pitocin and being tied up to monitors and IV's, I won't have the freedom of movement that I would like. As much as this bums me out I know that mine and Madalyn's safety come first, so I'll do what I have to to make sure that we are both ok! I can't believe my girls birthdays will be 1 week apart! I'm so glad we celebrated Kamryn's birthday early because all of these medical issues came on fast!
I have to also look at the positive side now, we will be able to meet our new little addition and see her precious face in just a few days! There is still hope that I will go into labor on my own this weekend, but being on strict bedrest it's hard for me to do any walking or anything!
Everyone has been so great calling and offering to help in any way they can. We are all SO grateful to have such great friends. For now, I think we'll be ok since Clint is home with me he takes good care of me and won't let me off the couch! So anyone who wants to help, please pray for us all. First that maybe it's God's will for labor to start before Monday, but also that Madalyn is born without any complications, and that she does NOT have to transfer to the NICU. That was the ultimate killer with Kamryn's arrival. It was so difficult for us and I really don't want us to have to go through that again.
Thank you to everyone who is thinking of us during this time, I'm guessing my next post will have some photos of Madalyn Noelle's precious little face! We are SO EXCITED to meet her, and big sister CAN NOT WAIT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment