At her 6 month appointment she is now 16lbs 8oz and 25in tall! She has stayed right on track in the same percentiles. Her head circumference is now 44cm which is wonderful her brain growth is the most important! She got more vaccines- OUCH. That is the worst even for me. After I was able to pick her back up Kamryn started dancing super silly and made her laugh! What an amazing big sister!
Madalyn is doing so much now! In the past month she has learned to roll from back to tummy which is funny it took so long because she is a tummy sleeper. You'd think playing on her back everyday she would want more to be on her tummy which soothes her.
"Look Mom I rolled over!"
She is laughing a lot now. I figured out what makes her giggle the most is when Kamryn or I shake our hair and make silly sounds. Daddy's silly noises make her laugh too, but he doesn't have the long hair. It must be the hair that sends her over the edge! She is also getting into "peek-a-boo." It's so sweet when I disappear she starts to get the pouty face, then laughs when I show up again.Learning to sit up
In the past couple of weeks I have found her thumb in her mouth a few times... UH OH! Good thing I figured out quick that she is teething and got some pacifiers to take the thumb's place! She uses them some when trying to fall asleep, but thank goodness doesn't need anything during playtime or during sleep. Yes she is about to cut her first teeth! I can see where they will be coming through just waiting for the white to show up. It looks really painful though with the swelling and red sores on her gum. Her cheeks are getting red too so they should be cutting anytime.Her schedule has gotten a bit more laid back now. She doesn't have to eat every 3 hours on the dot which is nice, and she is taking some good 2 hour naps at least once a day! She is eating one solid meal at dinner time still, but I'm getting ready to start a lunch time meal as well. I just have to get motivated to pump once a day so she can have a bottle with those meals. I figure it will be a good transition to bottle feeding sometimes instead of constant breastfeeding. She loves her solid foods too! I got rid of the rice cereal and replaced it with oatmeal instead. She likes the taste much better. I also let her gnaw on a banana too! She LOVED it!!! She is also starting to become interested when she sees us drink out of a cup so after the food transition I'll let her try herself out at a sippy cup.
Tasting a fresh banana!
She LOVED it!
Cute picture of Daddy and his little "mini-me"
Painting a pumpkin
Silly faces!
Kamryn's "traffic" all the way around the rug!
"Look I wrote my name!"
One of the biggest events of this past month has of course been HALLOWEEN!!! This has to be one of my top favorite holidays of the year. Clint's parents live in the most festive, fun neighborhood that does Halloween OVER THE TOP. It is a blast every year and seems like each year the Saavedra Halloween party gets bigger and better! The whole weekend was filled with events though.Friday was Kamryn's school Halloween party. They did Halloween themed games and activities, at lunch had a pizza party, and after nap time the whole school did trick-or-treating to each of the different classrooms.
Passing out candy to the younger classes...
Getting in line to go!
Saturday was our neighborhood "Halloween Parade." This was the first and they are planning for it to be an annual thing. It's been nice since we have elected a new HOA board they actually put fun things together! We met at the park/pool area for snacks, kids crafts, and a photographer came to take pictures of the kids in their costumes. Then was the parade, which really was just for the kiddos because it consisted of walking around the park in a line. It was cute though!
Halloween at the park
Then of course Sunday was HALLOWEEN! Debbie, Celeste and Clint put together a chili cook off. Everyone who wanted to enter could and everyone at the party voted on their favorite chili! They were all SO GOOD, and yet so different. Had I been an impartial party it would have been really hard to choose but of course I had to vote for my dear hubby's chili! I think at the end of the night Celeste won by one vote! Who could argue that Clint said she's been making chili since she was 8 years old or something close to that! (Correct me if I'm wrong Celeste...) Oooh I should have gotten photos of the chili!
Isabella and Kamryn BOTH with monkeys... watching Wizard of Oz
Testing out the hay ride with snow cones!
The set up in front of the house was so fun too! Natalie brought a dead man to lay out on the table with a knife in his chest and strobe lights to set the mood. She had a skull that talks when you speak into the micro"bone." The girls had fun talking to it! Talking to the skull
I am a 9 month preggo farmer's wife with a 6 month baby... Clint was supposed to be the farmer (boo)
Family of garden gnomes- and Abby Cadabby who did NOT want to be a gnome... (hee hee)
Cute little Sheriff Woody!
Then it was time for the kiddos to get into their costumes and hop on the hay ride! Clint decorated it up so nicely- he is so sweet. The houses are so far apart it's just easier on the little ones and their little legs! I think we probably only went to 10 houses or so but they had PLENTY of candy and we were worn out. The whole street was packed with people- it's like party city over there on Halloween night.
Bret- SCARY! The girls were screaming and running from him...
Trick or Treat time!!!
HILARIOUS little wandering PBJ...
PARTY TIME!
Anyway, long story short I can't wait for next year already!






No comments:
Post a Comment